Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission has introduced a series of reforms to ensure free and fair recruitment process with the highest level of transparency in each stage of selection.
- The tentative Answer Keys for the Objective type Examinations will be hosted in the Commission's website immediately after the examination is over and the candidates will be given seven days time to file claims and objections, if any to the Commission.
- The same will be placed before the Experts Committee for scrutiny and the corrected final answers will be published in the Commission's website again. Candidates can self evaluate their answers with the answer keys.
- The scanned copy of the answer sheets of all the students will be uploaded in the Website after the publication of results enabling the candidates to download the same.
- The candidates will be permitted to peruse their descriptive type answer scripts in the Commission's office,
which will ensure more transparency in the activities of the Commission.
- To prevent any malpractices in the examination halls, all the examination centres will be monitored through web-camera / videography.
- All the proceedings of the Oral Test are being videographed to ensure transparency.
- In order to facilitate the Differently Abled Candidates, they shall be accommodated only in the ground floor rooms in all the examination centres for writing the examination. If necessary, scribes will also be provided.
This Annual Planner will be of great help -
- to the candidates to plan their study well in advance
- to the concerned Departments to plan their Human Resources Management including the Training Programmes
- to TNPSC, to tune all the recruitment related programmes, year after year so as to accomplish the task within the fixed period of time.
- It has been decided to introduce Online Application system for all the Examinations to be conducted by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- The Online applications will be Bilingual in format and most user friendly in nature and will try to capture all the Basic particulars and critical data of the candidates.
- The payment of fee can be made in select Post Offices.
- All Indian Bank Branches in the State and through Net Banking and also by using Credit Cards and Debit Cards.
- To enable the rural candidates to apply through Online in an effective manner, it has been proposed to setup Facilitation counters in at least 500 places across the State.
- Another Major Initiative by the Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission is to introduce One Time Registration Facility for the candidates in which, anyone can fill their Bio-data particulars and also upload signature and photo by paying a nominal amount.
- This Registration will be valid for a period of Five Years which can be renewed.
- The registered candidates shall get all the information relating to Every Examination relevant to their qualification through SMS and E-mail.
- Candidates who have already registered, can edit their profile at any point of time and when they apply for any new post, they have to add / submit, only the examination related particulars.
- A permanent
Data Base of the candidates will be created at Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.
- The candidates need not give their basic particulars, community and Educational qualifications every time they apply for any new post.
- To ensure transparency in service / unit allocation, the Commission has introduced the Counseling Mode from February 2012.
- In this method, all the selected candidates would be called at Chennai and the vacancy particulars will be published in the website.
- By using the Information Technology solution, the service / unit will be allocated to each candidate based on their choice, subject to availability of vacancy in their respective category.
- Vacancy particulars will be published every day at the end of each day's session of the counselling.
- Recently, Single Window System has been introduced for Departmental Promotion Committee proposals. The salient features of the scheme is as follows:
- The concerned Secretariat Departments, through their designated senior officials in the rank of Joint Secretary in respect of posts for which the Government are the appointing authority / Joint Director in respect of posts for which Head of the Department is the appointing authority, shall bring the proposals in person, to hand over the same to the TNPSC Office and the proposals will be scrutinised by the Senior Officials of TNPSC on the same day.
- The proposals in complete shape will be subjected to further processing and conduct of DPC meeting in the following week.
- The incomplete proposals will be returned on the same day with a note on rectifications to be carried out.
- The Single Window System is functioning on every Wednesday from 11 am to 2 pm with effect from 22.02.2012 and the proposals can be handed over to the Secretary, Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission directly and the scrutiny of proposals shall take place on the same day.